Road Transport Loads Database and GMP Appendix 14
Intended for: Feed and Transport Companies and Certification Bodies
Changes have been made to the loading category classification in Appendix 14 Minimum Requirements for Road Transport. These changes have also been implemented in the Road Transport Loads Database.
The International Committee for Road Transport (PDV, Ovocom, QS and Qualimat) has classified a new product and added 3 synonyms. The classifications have now been incorporated into the Road Transport Loads Database and GMP Appendix 14 which have been published today on the PDV website at the same time as this newsletter.
The following new substances have been classified:
- Flavouring innard (intended for petfood) will be classified in LR1 (nr. 10058)
- Crisps, dry and crumbled potato chips, will be classified in LR4A (nr. 40316)
- Chromium Corundum will be classified in LR3B (nr. 30263)
- Pressrests of apples, dried will be classified in LR4A (nr. 40317)
- Calciumsulfat Hemihydrat (Brand name: Raddichem 27/CAS nr. 10034-76-1) will be classified in LR4A (nr. 40318)
- Ferronickel will be classified in LR3B (nr. 30264)
- Aluminium fluoride (max. 10% Aluminium Oxide - Al2O3) will be classified in LR3C (nr. 30262)
- Combustion slag will be classified in LR1 (nr. 10059)
- Recovered vegetable oil will be classified in LR3C (nr. 30265)
- Unusable fibres and fibres, filler and coating slib obtained through mechanical separation (from the production and processing of paper and cardboard, EURAL code 03 03 10) are classified in LR 3B (nr. 30266)
- Organic biological fertiliser (digestate) will be classified in LR1 (nr. 10060)
- Terephthalic acid (Brand name: TA-33, CAS nr. 100-21-0) will be classified in LR3C (nr. 30267)
Compatibility has been established with effect from 18 December 2007 with the organisations Qualimat, OVOCOM and PDV. There is still a list of product differences <> which the carrier should regularly consult on http://www.qualimat.org/ , http://www.ovocom.be/or http://www.pdv.nl/ . This differences list should be complied with completely. The strictest regime to be applied will be determined by the recipient party. It is the intention of the organisations to have the same assessment and classification of these products.
Within this context the following products have been reassessed:
- livestock manure
- fertilisers and/or soil improvers of vegetable origin with livestock manure
Classification 1 was used by all participants. The product has therefore been removed from the differences list.
Combustion slag has been put on the differences list. Qualimat and OVOCOM use classification 3B and at QS and PDV the classification is 1. You can find the differences list at this link.